Professional photographers and videographers may pay an annual membership fee of $175 per year for photography shoots at the Garden.
If not a photography member, the fee for a one-time photo session is $75, which includes one photographer or videographer, two assistants, and a maximum of ten individuals. All other policies apply.
The annual photography membership fee entitles you to:
- Unlimited photography/video shoots. (Must be scheduled in advance, and within MBG guidelines.)
- Free admission for photographer/videographer.
- Free admission for two (2) assistants.
- Free admission for up to ten (10) individuals per shoot.
Reservations for photo shoots must be made Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. by calling 901-636-4100, or email Mary Johnson at Mary.Johnson@memphistn.gov.
Photography shoots are allowed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (until 5:30 p.m. in the summer months).
- All shoots must be scheduled in advance by calling 901-636-4100.
- All photographers and videographers are required to check in at the Front Desk.
- Respect the Garden. Do not step in flower beds, pick flowers, climb trees, or move structures or containers. Attaching materials to Garden structures, trees, or plants is strictly prohibited.
- Respect the reserved areas of others engaging in special events, such as a wedding or birthday party, as well as our Garden visitors. It is the sole responsibility of the photographer/videographer to ensure that assistants and clients follow these rules.
- The Garden is a public facility, therefore dress for models and photo subjects must meet acceptable community standards.
- For an additional fee, small rooms may be rented for use as changing rooms. Restrooms may not be used for this purpose. The rental of these rooms must be scheduled in advance.
- Memphis Botanic Garden is not responsible for any loss or damage of equipment.
- MBG reserves the right to charge an additional $25 for unscheduled photography shoots, and reserves the right to refuse shoots based upon its event schedule.
- Non-compliance to these rules may result in forfeiture of the annual or one-time fee and future photography/video privileges.
Join or renew at this level
To become a Photography Member, submit the online form below or contact Angie Johnson at (901) 636-4111.